If we do not have the full amount that you ordered of this item:
Add to Cart
Retayne is used to set dye. For example, if you printed a text message on fabric, you can use Retayne to to set it. If you have a piece of fabric you know will fade, you can use Retayne to keep fading to a minimum.
Apply Retayne only once on commercially dyed fabric before washing it for the first time, or before piecing it into your quilt. Choose one of the two easy application methods, washing machine or hand wash. Remember to always test your fabric before washing it by following the instructions below.
When to use Retayne
Test your fabric before treating it with Retayne.
1. Dampen a small square of 100% cotton white muslin.
2. Place it on top of the colored fabric to be tested.
3. Iron the fabrics with a hot iron until dry.
4. Inspect the muslin. If there is any transfer of color, then treat your fabric with Retayne.
How to use Retayne
In the washing machine
(Please note: The new energy efficient front and top loading washing machines do not supply enough water to properly treat your fabrics with Retayne. You will need to use the Hand Wash Method below or a traditional top loader in your Laundromat)
1. Estimate the amount of water needed to cover your fabric. Fill your washing machine to this level with 140oF (60oC) water. Boil water on the stove and add it to the washing machine if your hot tap water is not hot enough.
2. Add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Retayne for each yard of fabric.
3. Add dry cotton fabric. Set the washing machine for a 20 minute wash cycle. If necessary, reset your machine during the cycle so the Retayne bath does not go down the drain. Rinse with cold water and dry at once.
By hand washing
Please note: The new energy efficient front and top loading washing machines do not supply enough water to properly treat your fabrics with Retayne. You will need to use the Hand Wash Method below or a traditional top loader in your local Laundromat.