What is the Northcott Trans-Canada Block Party? It's a national Shop Hop celebrating Canada's 150th Birthday! No Postcards, No Fees! Travel around to stores in your area or across Canada and collect 6" - 18" Blocks created by shops.
What are the Rules?
- Collect Blocks from February 1st until September 1st 2017
- Each store must provide either a Free Pattern to the customer or the customer may purchase a Kit which will include the free pattern. One per customer.
- All block patterns and kits must be picked up in person, they cannot be distributed via email, online sales or at events outside of the brick and mortar store. After September 1st 2017 store may sell the product and distribute as they see fit.
- Quilts entered must have a minimum of six (6) blocks using Northcott's Canadian Sesquicentennial collection from six (6) different participating shops (blocks can be acquired from participating shops within the same province/territory). Additional blocks may be included in your quilt but must be created using Northcott fabric.
- Photo submissions must be entered to: email@example.com. Contestants are required to include their name, address, phone number and the name of the shops whose blocks are included in the quilt submission.
- Deadline to submit a photo of a finished quilt is September 1st, 2017.
What are the Prizes?
Thirteen (13) finalists will each be awarded BERNINA 8" Tailor Shears ($65 value), 3 1/2" Embroidery scissors ($35 value) and a $250 cash prize!
The thirteen (13) finalists will be required to send their quilts to Northcott. The quilts will be featured on Northcott's social media where consumers will vote to choose the national winner. This will be announced on October 1st, 2017
The Winner will receive a $500 cash prize and a BERNINA 570 Quilters Edition sewing Machine ($4,799 value)
Features of the Bernina 570QE are:
* Total Stitch Control
* More Memory Options
* Extensive Stitch Library
* Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR) Included
* Bernina Walking Foot included
* Bernina 1/4" Piecing foot included
What our Block looks like!
You are welcome to come in store and grab one of our free patterns and make your fabric selection from the Northcott Canadian Sesquicentennial fabric, or grab one of our kits for $7.49 which includes 0.40m of fabric plus the free pattern!
we have called this block "Love Canada".
Good luck to one and all to win this contest and your new Bernina 570QE!